Sunday, January 14, 2007

ostrich round 2

Today was the deadline for putting round 2 on.
I am happy to get this done on time-however I goofed when squaring up and will have to adjust again to get back to a square look-should I decide that's what I want. At any rate, this is something quilty of mine I can at least put a photo up of. I sent off my 4 string blocks and worked and finished another 4 today plus quilted half of the second quilt sandwich I brought home last week. Not bad for the short amount of time

I had available to sew in. I took advantage of the blue skies (granted it's like 35 degrees out and with the wind chill factor...think serious shivers!) to haul the ladder out and take down the outside Christmas lights this afternoon. Nice to finally have all the Christmas stuff nearly packed away. I have a part of a string out-I am going to find the "bad" bulb and fix it before putting it up in the attic until next year. So they are in a tub on the couch waiting for me to leave the sewing room. I don't know, Zoe is in here napping and it's hard to tear myself away. I actually emptied a small wastebasket, finding some long lost items-which I put where they belong-I know, what a concept-and put that container out in my car for donating. Baby steps as we are fond of saying. I will keep it up until this room doesn't look so overflowing. Oh, yes, I also put together and finished Alice's Pooh cloth book. Next Saturday I will swing by and drop it off for her. She loves her books-she has gradutated to being able to turn pages her mama said. We all think she is a most clever baby! I babysat on Saturday-mostly holding her for an hour while she slept-which is one of my most favorite things - watching her sleep is quite peaceful, we hardly had any play time as her parents returned much too soon and I needed to go into the office. She continues to be quite adorable and showed off a few new tricks like tilting her head to one side to flirt with you...giggling ...and jumping up and down while you hold her standing in your lap-you know the bouncing fun they have -she is learning to crawl and to sit up on her own-at just over six months she is about at the same pace as her daddy was at that age...I really enjoy how vocal she is...lots of cooing and singing. ok, ok...soon I promise a new photo of her. I have been trying to catch a shot of her new teeth that finally came through right before Christmas..she is such a moving photo target! I am so thankful to have her close by and so much in my life-which also includes her parents..they are quite wonderful as new parents.

7 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Love the colors in this Ostrich! ;P

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger ForestJane said...

The ostrich looks good - I like the way the yellow border brings your eye into the yellow in the center block. :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

I wish we could take down the Christmas lights, but there is just too much snow. We are still having temps in the single digits and below zero at night. Brrr. Since our lights are all red, I suppose they would look good at Valentine's!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

You are making great progress in the quilting department this 2007, Cher! Good for you!

Oh! Your little Alice sounds like such a charmer...how fun! Hugs to both of you! ;-)

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like things are going very right for this new year :-)

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

What a fun ostrich! Alice sounds delightful. FYI, 35 is our HIGH temp all week here, sigh... And that's before windchill.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Kim West said...

it looks great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home