Wednesday, May 30, 2007

choices...

I promised my sister garden photos...I did not do that last night-by the time I got home, changed, glanced at the mail, returned a phone call, number crunched something that had to be done yesterday with a follow up call on the results-watered and took out the trash-well, it was too dark to take photos! yeah, that's my story and I am sticking to it. Each day as I drive home from work, I look at my "to do" list and make a choice of what I will tackle when I pull into the driveway. Of course all that can change with a phone call or a suggestion from my sweetie. However, this morning I chose to stitch binding instead of going to the gym. I got all the way around to the part where I want to put the label. Now, that is a perfect stopping point for the morning. I can play around with word ideas for the label during breaks at work. If I remember to take any of course. I tend to rather get engrossed and before I know it-the day is gone. Yesterday I had a dentist appointment and then fit in a visit to our local ups store-sending off two packages -check that off the "to do" list-yes!...arriving at work later than norm. Thus, my day ran longer-and we all know that shift of everything running later as a result of that choice.
I am choosing to post rather than get to work a bit earlier-I already did the prep for a big meeting this morning-and I will still have time to pull it out and give it a once over prior anyway.
I think a lot about the freedom I have of making choices-and accepting that I chose to do one thing over another-and NOT do other things...and really I feel pretty happy with most of my choices, most of the time. Of course I wish there were more hours in the day-but that is beyond my ability to chose - rather I aim for feeling good about what I have done in those hours by the end of the day. What are you going to chose to do with your day? whatever choices you make-I hope you enjoy them!

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Choices. What a great lesson for the day and for life. Among my choices today are making comments to blog posts. I'm very happy with it. Love your wedding quilt. Anxious to watch the progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home