Tuesday, May 08, 2007

stuff going on

The camera will be fixed-still waiting to hear when I get it back-in case I forgot to update that bit of news. I have quilt show photos but I am headed out the door and wanted to rip off a short note-I am busy! spent much of the weekend gardening with a several hour break to quilt with my charity group. Thanks to help three quilts were bound and another gal turned in a completed quilt-so though there were only three of us...we finished four quilts-not bad! I finished quilting the small heart wall hanging last night. We had very warm weather hit yesterday, but, that is how Oregon is- cool and cloudy-one day, the next up in the 80's! I would say Spring has truly arrived at last. Thank goodness for a sprinkler system. I need to set the auto feature next-when I get home tonight. This is my first year to actually "be in charge"-but a phone call for help is always available should I feel in over my head. I have a huge mess in here and everywhere-the house is getting neglected in favor of gardening/quilting. I did come home last night and cooked up all sorts of yummy things-I had hit the market on my way home from work with a new cookbook to try a new recipe from. They did not have the main ingredient so it was get inspired by what I found.
The taste results? Yum! I bought packaged handmade fettucini noodles and artichoke/lemon pesto...instant fabulous dinner. I cooked up veggies and brown rice with sauce for lunches/dinners for tonight/tomorrow. I hope to add binding to the wall hanging and a sleeve tonight. I am hand stitching black binding still-took it to work and did some on my "lunch hour" yesterday. Did I mention my local longarm gal is on vacation? Do I use someone else or wait?
I am still mulling that over. Maybe I will make a call today to another gal I have been wanting to try out. Ok...now I am late! dashing off.....

5 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

never ends, does it--always something to do inside and out when you garden.

4 more quilts for the cause--good for you. This starts the next batch, right, because you mailed a bunch off recently?

BB's for me today so no online time this a.m. and I am taking the rest of the night off.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Try the new gal! This will give you a perfect excuse, the first girl can't get indignant if she's not around!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sounds like you've had a productive time while you're staying away form the computer.

And I'd try the new quilter. maybe with a top you don't mind so much if it's not perfect. Who knows she just might be more wonderful that the one you use now.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, sounds like you are getting alot done, despite everything. Tne new recipes sound good to me..yum!
And I'd second or the voices, try the new quilter. You can always go back to the old one. Hugs, Finn

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

Working in your garden sounds wonderful!! The mess in the house -- ah, forget it! It can be dealt with another day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home