Saturday, May 26, 2007

where have I been?


Sometimes learning new things is sooo frustrating-I have a post in word for blogger with a photo...will it post here? nope. ugh!
let's try this again: I spent the last week taking two classes from Kelly Gallagher-Abbott on easy curve piecing techniques and this example of her Funky Checkers pattern. Fast? sure, once I have done this about 20 to 50 times...I made a compound curve cut in the second set of joined two blocks and learned a valuable lesson on how much trickier it is to line them up! I pulled fabric from my stash and like using just these three fabrics...I may stick with all checkered circles or mix and match-in the long run, it will be interesting to see how I end up finishing this. Combine Kelly's methods with Gail Garber's earlier class on the Goose is Loose and I now know lots about freezer paper use in quilting and fabric glue. I am adding curve piecing skills this year and both of these teachers have given me some great approaches. What else? all week I picked up my granddaughter from daycare and played with her until bedtime. Quality Grandma bonding time! Getting home each night at 8:30 pm after getting up at 5:15 am made for one tired out person...so I accomplished nothing else beyond taking the class on Tuesday and getting to the photo point. And, all that new stuff is being set aside for the wedding quilt project-cutting it out after playing with a new to me method of making hst's is next up. I have not made a final decision on exactly which fabrics from the huge stack of half washed / half waiting to be washed I will end up using either. Two of them are the same as in the wedding photo I posted earlier. So, those go in...the color palette also is the same..but with more variety of fabrics...you can tell I am still in the creative flow aspect of this project. I also have a queen size quilt back from the longarm gal to attach a label/binding on over the next three days. Gardening, neighborhood BBQ, garage cleaning...let's just say lots of plans for what will no doubt be all too short a time period! Hope you all enjoy your next three days-no matter if you have them off or not...it's time to get into action for me.

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

'Time to get into action?' My goodness, woman, you are already in action and far ahead of most of us! I not only can't do what you are doing, but I don't even understand it ;) Love the blocks, anyway!!!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

It's fun to learn new things. I'll be watching for those new projects with the curved piecing. Glad you enjoyed the classes.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Susan said...

That looks really neat, but I understood about 50% of the explanation! I think I'll have to take the class to "get" it. =) I look forward to seeing what else you do with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home