Saturday, June 30, 2007

the half way point

Thanks to some power stitching last night-I have finished the 2nd quarter which puts me to the halfway mark. I stitched the two parts together this morning, along with working on the three rows of the rainbow rail fence as the leader/ender to the wp . (wp=wedding project)-so put those up as well for showing progress on that ufo. Then I did some cleaning up in here and went to meet Holly which was quite delightful-she had to come up my way and I drove her back to my place and gave her the grand tour of my home/garden. One of the great things about meeting a fellow blogger is now she can "see" me in my quilting space-photos are great, in person even better. I look forward to driving down her way and seeing her quilting room in person. This is a nice time to take the rest of the day off and work on the garden-my neighbors ordered more garden dirt than they can use, so I will weed and wheelbarrow to take advantage of their over estimating, right up until it's just too hot to be outside. M says , figure one hour right now, it's plenty warm out -being into the afternoon already.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

The wedding quilt is coming along nicely!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks for the fun morning. I had a great time.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Patti said...

The quilt is looking really great! I like the color progression in both rings. You really have made good progress! Nose to the grindstone, obviously!

I read about your get together first on Holly's blog. Oh, I wish I could have joined the two of you. I'd love to tag along next time. Where does she live - I couldn't tell from reading her blog. How neat that you both had such a great time!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Terrific progress, Cher! Love the center pattern that the wedding rings make. And LOVE the colors of the Rail Fence! Very Trip Around the World inspired!

How fun to meet a fellow blogger!!!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Looks like both projects are coming along nicely. I have a hard time working on two things at once, I have found. The concept makes a whole lot of sense but I find that I start doing one more than the other--I think it is how my brain works. Bear down and do it in a singleminded way.

I'll be around when you sign on because I am into day two of cleaning---saved the sewing room shelf dusting till last. If I can get at my desk chair in the midst of all that, let's chat a bit?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, your persistance is paying off..it looks great!! I love the progression of color, and your simple fence rail is just wonderful! So bright and happy.
Hurray for getting to spend time with Holly...you are just one lucky lady to get to meet and visit with so many of the blogging gals! Shucky darn!
So happy it can happen for you and them tho..very special! Hugs, Finn

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I see of the WQ the more I like it...WTG!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

What fun to meet another blogger living close by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home