Saturday, February 16, 2008

end of Saturday


I showed this as a finished top-and wanted to share the quilting I did as I teased the fabric was the inspiration for the quilting. I did a more rounded version of the orange flames on black background and had a grand time on my dsm doing this free motion quilting. This is another charity quilt. This quilt makes the third today/tonight bound and labeled. I am taking an ice cream break and moving on to piecing the swaddling blanket next. There is one more quilt waiting to be bound-however, I still have another day off...so it can wait. I have an overflowing box now of donation quilts to send and that is a great sight. There is a constant need for quilts for the children and I am happy to send along a box full on Monday. The second box will be started and when our group meets on March 2nd I know we will probably fill it. I will share a few of Karen's wonderful quilts later on too- she has embraced learning how to quilt with a joyous attitude and the stack of great quilts she brings each month are always so terrific. She has a fabulous eye for color though has many self doubts and we all tell her - she can put stuff together that work! well- on to dessert and that next project...the night is still young.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Oh, I like this one! Just plain fun!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

The flame quilting looks pretty cool. I just bet that some boy out there is chomping at the bit to get this beaut.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It looks good - I like to see a stack of donation quilts build up and then be sent off. I've got a bunch here for Project Linus that I wasn't able to get to Barb before my trip to GA. Hopefully, I can pass those along this week.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Fabric Fanatic said...

I continue to be charmed by your work, Cher....thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog too.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger atet said...

Those flames look just great -- some lucky little boy is going to LOVE this quilt.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

This one turned out great -- nice job on the quilting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home