Thursday, March 20, 2008

treading water

A short note to say I have 2 pink quilts quilted waiting to be trimmed and the quilting I did on my convergence wall hanging has been taken out. I was given another idea on how to quilt it, and I am going to try that at some point. Life has just turned extra hectic and by the time I can sit down in the evening and think about quilting-it is either too late or I am out of energy. My stack of string blocks are all pressed and waiting to be squared up.
I have to say I had so much fun with my free motion quilting on these last two quilts. I still have one pink top needing a backing and so on before I can quilt it. I zipped out last night to go visit the kids and have some play time with Alice. She was in running around mode, one sock/slipper on, one barefoot! She always make me smile and giggle with her high energy and joy in playing. A dose of Alice is so good for the spirit! Easter is this Sunday...and I am ready with a few treats for her. I will have to share them another time as I am too lazy to get out the camera and take photos this morning. It's been mostly rain with a few sun showers lately-I am so ready for some steady sunshine! I am pretty much over the 'flu bug thing, just working on getting my energy level back up. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger jacquie said...

Glad you are feeling better. Have a Happy Easter!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Alice is a little ray of sunshine IF you can catch up with her??

Glad you are feeling better and got some quilting done but too bad about having to take some out. You are still up on me even if you did un-quilt it. My convergence is no closer to being done than it was two weeks ago (almost) though the fabric I ordered is here.

Hope to catch you one online of these day

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Unquilting the Convergence quilts must be part of their charm! I did the same thing--had mine 1/2 quilted and then took it out, then fully quilted and took it out, then quilted again! I think I am finally happy with it! :)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Take care of yourself. I think we could all do with a few days of sunshine! Glad to hear you are enjoying the quilting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home