Sunday, October 26, 2008

checking in

Friday was a bonus day off and I spent the majority of it out in the garden-supervising and working with a crew as we ripped out and moved large shrubs to other locations. I have been dealing with some minor injuries and there is no way I can do the manual labor required to get the yards ready for the coming winter. Of course once we got going I came up with a few additional ideas on what I wanted done. At any rate that took care of most of Friday, though I managed a small amount of block sewing. Saturday we decided to go across town and while doing an errand I checked out a new quilt shop and did a little adding to the stash. One yard I bought is being mailed off to a fellow classmate of Tonya's summer class. I don't think she has a blog but I will wait until I know she has received it to share a photo of the fabrics I purchased. I made progress on a stack of string blocks I am making to send in to Heartstrings.
We are in the midst of a green center block-athon and I look forward to finishing these today and sending them in. Meanwhile, I have decided the next project is to pull fabric and cut for the two Christmas quilts I want to have done by November 30th. I have several more weeks ahead of bonus days off and each day I want to devote to getting quilting done. Today is such a blustery day-the wind chimes are making wonderful music to sew by.

Oh, and we voted yesterday! That was part of our errands- dropping off our mail in ballots at the corner library into the ballot box they have set up. No postage to buy and we know they will be delivered on time and safely. When it is your turn, I hope you take the time to cast your vote.
Off to work on those string blocks and enjoy the day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

Wow, you've been busy. It all sounds so productive.

What a charming looking quilt store. Was it fun inside?

Hawaii had the lowest voter turnout ever for the primary. It was 36.9%. There will be no further comment from me because I don't want to cuss on your blog.

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Darilyn

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I get tired reading about all you did. I love working in the yard but it is so tiring. We voted last week too. I really like early voting. My husband and I are taking my 90 year old mother to vote tomorrow.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Hope you are having a productive sewing day today. Lots to keep you busy with the yard project and the indoor work on a bonus day off.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

I was all set to vote on Friday and then discovered Thursday night that early voting here closed at 5 pm Thursday! So I'll be in the long lines on Tuesday, but no matter how long, I'll wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home