Sunday, October 05, 2008

I have something new to show




though Alice and family were here for a visit and brought supper and they all were being adorable- nope, I am not showing new photos of them.
After they left, we cleaned up and I decided I needed to get some quilty things done, no matter how late it got. I fixed another pulled apart seam in my kindness quilt (nice that I had not done any quilting before noticing it this time), I cut fabric for a quilter in need, and then sat down with the priority hope challenge rules and notes. Aha, a chance to use the gorgeous hand dyed fabrics I bought at spring market. I started with this roll, cut strips, and here is the completed top. It can not be larger than 9 inches by 12 inches..I will be just about exactly that. I may have to trim a bit more, as it needs to fit in a priority envelope without being scrunched in. It was so much fun to make this, and fast! These fabrics can be found here.
If you want to join the fun of making one of these for a deserving cause- check out how to do that here.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

that fabric is amazing. i went and drooled over the website...mmmmm yummy bright colors that really look hand-dyed and saturated. what a gorgeous little quilt - love it. stop sewing those narrow seams! just let your letters be bigger!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

What a wonderful initiative to be involved in, Cher! I followed the links and saw some wonderfully creative pieces.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a beautiful quilt that is indeed full of hope.

Best regards,
Darilyn

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Clare said...

I love love love the colours - beautiful.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Awesome! I love hand dyed fabrics.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Beautiful! Love those colors, and that fabric.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home