Tuesday, December 09, 2008

house inspiration



Last Friday we had lunch at a favorite place and walked up to check out the bead shop and the quilt shop. Flyers for an art show and sale were posted, happening that day, so we walked down to check it out. Here is what followed me home. She had all sorts of these and at ten dollars I thought they were priced right for my budget! (artist is Robin Olsen)The fabric is going into the build a house block basket-which I am finally going to play in tomorrow. Bonus day off, time to dive into the new project I have been thinking about for ages. Here is also a photo of the finished quilt(for the Christmas mom and dad) on our bed - king size in the end.
I kept calling it queen size...but as you can see...it fits a king size bed well. I took the pillows off so as much of the quilt as possible is showing. It was picked up and will be delivered to the family at the appointed Christmas time. Photos should be clickable for enlarging.
I have all my Christmas gifts accounted for and just need to poke away at the wrapping part. Last year I made many Christmas themed gift bags and I plan on making several more. They were a big hit! I quilted two more charity quilts on Sunday and that leaves two remaining. I cut binding for all four of the builder bob quilts. Once these are all finished I will be happy to mail them off to headquarters and take a break. It's crazy busy at work right now- as far as I am concerned a good thing! who wants to sit around twiddling their thumbs, good to have plenty to do I say and should stay humming right along for a few weeks.









Life is Good:
I continue to have a job I love
I have lots of fabric to play with
I have wonderful kind friends
I have joy in my heart!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

That is an incredibly beautiful quilt. I love the fabric in the quilt. And what a great choice for accent colors. Wouldn't it be great to be all wrapped up in that quilt.

I'm inspired.

Thank you for sharing.

Darilyn

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Finn said...

WOW! It's definitely a wow quilt Cher! Great job on that one too! Sure was alot to bind tho. Love the pics of Alice in your last post...she's adorable *VBS* And what a fun idea for new house blocks. Happy stitching, Hugs, FInn

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

That is one huge quilt to have quilted on your DSM, Cher! Nice job! I am sure you will be making a couple very happy this Christmas!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

a day to play in fabric? that's marvelous. congrats on the finish.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Great colours - brilliant for houses. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to.

And a day off for playing with fabric - weeeeee.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

Congratulations on finishing that monster-sized quilt! You're a braver woman than I to tackle something that big ;- )

I wish I'd known you were going to see that cute little house you picked up at the art show; I'd have had you get one for me! It's a fabulous find for $10.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I'm so glad you felt inspired by my little house. I love the house theme and your brightly colored blocks. I can't wait to see what else you do with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home