Tuesday, November 04, 2008

starter blocks completed


got to love bonus days off. Neither of my quilter friends were available today-so I ran my morning errand and got home in a timely fashion, only one stop at a quilt shop to look for more of a batik that would work as a border for the D9P variation quilt-no luck but I picked up a few possibles and a yard or two of some new fabric that will be put to use very soon. I finished making the rest of what I call starter blocks for this quilt. (see previous post...a third of the top already put together). D9P is all about making nine patches and then slicing them into fourths. My design idea was to keep the center block the same color fabric and mix up the other two colors in all possible ways. Here are most of the examples I came up with. I may have come up with a few more, but, I can't remember at this point. Next up- square them and slice them.
Then arrange on the design wall and stitch back together. This is what I am going to be working on as the election results are being reported tonight. I won't actually be watching the tv, but, it probably will be on in the other room and I can listen when I want to check in. Usually I listen to music while I stitch. Some folks love books on tape, podcasts, etc...I prefer my ipod shuffle.
It's 2 pm now, I can spend at least 2 hours slicing up and stitching before I need to finish making chicken tortilla soup for supper. I have a slight cold and this sounded tasty to me. There was some sunshine for a while earlier today and it was quite pretty driving out and about. The rain has started in and it's a sky filled with various shades of grey now. So many leaves hitting the ground and fading to brown.. yet so gorgeous in their red,gold, and orangy glory on the trees.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Those are very creative! Even without slicing, you could make a dynamite quilt.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I love the colors and the fabrics. Wish I could touch them.

Fondle them for me, please. :)

Darilyn

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Our leaves are just beginning to really change now. DJ was saying how lovely the drive to the golf course was on Monday.

Good going on the blocks. I bet that blue-y/green-y/teal-y print or whatever it is in real life is hard to match up with anything as it reads differently with whatever you put up against it?

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Kucki68 said...

I am looking forward to seeing how that blue quilt will turn out. There is a Jeans quilt in Bonnie's (www.quiltville.com) book that it reminds me off and that I really like. (Naturally with blue being my favorite color!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home