Wednesday, November 26, 2008

two quilted tops


I just took the last stitch in quilting the 4 Kindness top. (it is click-able to enlarge) I am very happy with how it turned out- and decided to share it at the not totally done stage...but all quilted stage at least. I also finished quilting the queen size quilt a few days ago, trimming it up Monday night. No photo of the queen until I get the binding on it. Besides baking pies tonight, I will be stitching binding on as well.
I also need to empty out Alice's crib and have it ready for her spending Thursday night with us.
We head over to their home for an early dinner at 1 pm-ish and will bring her back home with us when she gets up from her nap I suspect.

Guild last night was fun. We presented our chairperson with her guild member blocks and actually rendered her speechless! no small feat-and something she had actually sketched out and wanted to make-how cool was that! Members took turns sharing why they are thankful - and the show and share of quilts at the end were fabulous.
We are a small but very friendly guild in Beaverton and it was nice to spend time with them.
I know I give thanks for discovering my passion for quilting and so appreciate all my quilting friends both online and off! Thank you to each and every person that takes the time to read what I have to share, whether you leave a comment or not. You never know who you will reach out and touch when you have a blog and I am always pleased to hear from everyone.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Vicki W said...

I love your quilt!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

That quilt is so cool! I love the way you put together those blocks.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Looks just great! Bright, lively and original - just like what I'd expect from you. Looks like it was a lot of fun to make. Here I thought we might be able to get together on a weekday you aren't working but I've had Joseph now every day for the second week. Everyone at Rick's folks house is really sick. And now Rebecca is home with a fever today. Maybe we can meet somewhere for lunch on a weekday in December.

How were the ticket sales at the Clark County fairgrounds event last weekend? I really wanted to go, but between having Joseph on Friday and two customer quilts to quilt over the weekend it just didn't happen.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your Kindess quilting is so cool! I love it! and I really like the way you made your *free piece*n*!

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones :)

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Excellent quilting finishes, Cher!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

marvelous job. I'm thankful for you and your blog and your friendship. Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

"Kindness" looks terrific, Cher! Well done.

Sounds like you're in for a delightful Alice-filled weekend. How fun! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Clare said...

I've loved this wuilt right from the word go! K most certainly is for kindness - definitely the kindness and patience you've shown to newer quilters.

Have a great time with Alice.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Such a happy quilt.

Darilyn

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Fun, fun quilt, Cher! And by now you probably have the binding done on the gift quilt.

I forgot we were supposed to sew today--mostly because I have totally lost what day it was, I guess with Thanksgiving being like any other day of the week with DJ being sick.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

That's a great quilt -- love the bright colors!
I'm thankful for my quilting and my quilting friends close to home and in cyberspace, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home