Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009-a new word for a new year

Last year I came across the concept of choosing a word for the year, rather than making any resolutions or goals for the new year. Here is the link to Christine Kane's blog if you want to learn more of the why of choosing a word rather than a resolution.

In her December posts she featured a different person and their word. I was pleased to be included. My word was Kindness and I am at the binding stage of the wallhanging with that title.

I considered many words before settling on Balance for my word for 2009. I wanted something more self directed than Organize, or Order, or the like. A friend with a similar sense is going with Self Care-at least I think that she settled on that word...but it embodies the same feeling/idea.
Here is part of why I feel Balance is the word for me: I want to step back and use clarity to honor my inner self and feel at one in the here and now. To be fully present to myself. Rather than flit from one task to another and feeling there is never enough time, enough energy, enough- to do for myself-I am stopping. I am taking the time to chose what is best for me to do next. To listen to my heart, rather than the inner voice telling me I must do "whatever" first. I am the Queen of delayed gratification. I have been known to wait years to allow myself to have or do something. And, I know there really is Enough for me to do whatever it is I need to do for myself. I look forward to seeing my intent unfold through this new year. Today I am enjoying each moment with nothing I must do, just whatever I chose to spend my energy and time on.

I hope you enjoy your day!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Great word. I have been seeking balance as well and hope you attain it.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

What a terrific way and thought to begin a new year! I wish you well, Cher!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I love the idea of choosing a word for the year and your choice is perfect. I am also very inspired by your reasons. I too need more balance and your words express it so well. Thanks

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Thank you for this post. I like the idea of a word to use for the year. I am thinking of mine.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Balance is a good word for me this year as well. Especially since 2008 was a huge year of imbalance in my life. I really like the idea of using a word for the year. Thanks for sharing the idea.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Lovely post. Balance is a great word, and as I sit here and think about it, there's so much behind that word. Wishing you a well-balanced year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home