Saturday, January 03, 2009

some of what I am currently doing in the creative room





the room where I keep my sewing table and some of my related supplies is also the computer room. It's really not a "studio"- but it is a creative room! after all, we create using a computer, often more times than with other tools/machines. Whether I am creating a blog post, a spreadsheet, or photos-I am being creative.

I was able to get a great photo of Zoe keeping me company in here one day when I was in the sewing groove. I do not often take photos of her like many bloggers do of their cats-but-she is an important member of my family and as I do seem to share many photos of Alice my granddaughter, well, Zoe should have her fame too.

I am starting on a FAB challenge-I have had the fabric for months..and the deadline is January 31st. Please note the date: January 3rd- NOT at the last minute, thank you very much.

I am doing my word houses as the leader/ender to go with the challenge. I mean, brights work together right? And our challenge is Summer in Winter... to me, Summer equals Bright.

What great projects to be playing with on a gray and threatening to rain sort of day.
As the challenge is a surprise reveal, you won't get to see more than photos of the fabrics I will be using...these two are a major part however. The yellow/orange is the challenge fabric- to be used in a major way on the front. Out of 41 inches, 18 inches must be used on the front. Plenty to work with I think. Isn't that a great green? I stocked up on greens when a local quilt shop went out of business a few months ago. It is going to be such a pleasure to work on this challenge.

I warmed up this morning by making a small yellow flannel pillowcase for my sweetie. I had promised a new case long ago- off my mental list of things needing to be done.

2009 won't see any "lists" of projects from me. I have ideas in my head, of course, but, I am not treating them as must-dos. It's a year to see where my creative spirit leads me.

This challenge is the only holdover from 2008 that is technically a must do. However, as I was one of the challenge creators...I feel less of the mindset of it being a must do, but, a fun do !!! And, as we are sending our challenge to another FAB...it's a chance to share my creative result with a dear friend. In my opinion, a gift is really not a MUST DO....it's just too much fun making something and giving it to someone you care for.



Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Yep, it is supposed to be fun! Even better is that we have all been working on these together this weekend though some are further along. It is a joy to work with this bright color and surprise our buddies with the results in a few weeks.

I do like the green--the speckles go well with that tropical camo

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Good to see Zoe's all snuggled in...listening to the whir of your machine...or clackity clack of your keyboard. ;-) Love the pattern/marking on her back. Very pretty!

Enjoy thinking SUMMER!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Glad Zoe is keeping you company by sleeping. My helpers are in my face, always a cat tail under the presser foot. I'm working with brights also cause of the gray weather. I wonder if Oregon and Washington Quilters quilt in other colors lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home