Saturday, February 21, 2009

quiling day-thanks Fabs


My quilting cohorts , the FABS had a sewing day today and inspired me to set up my machine to do simple straight line quilting. I have had two pinned waiting charity quilts-perfect for doing simple quilting on and forgiving if not perfectly quilted. Hip, hip, hooray to finally do some quilting today!
I can not do the more demanding type quilting for other projects-this I could do. All within a day too. The last Bob the Builder panel I bought years ago -some little guy somewhere should enjoy this bright quilt. I may try using my rotary cutter tomorrow.

And a special thanks goes out to a dear friend for a much needed phone chat today too!

Nice to be able to post something newly quilted and feel not so much on the sidelines.

On a knitty note: class starts tomorrow afternoon-two hours and she gives homework.
So perhaps a knitty photo in the near future too. After three classes, we should have two finished socks done-thus avoiding the dreaded one sock syndrome.

I am thankful for
wonderful friends, near and far
doing something creative
washing my hair

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Way to go, Cher! It is great to have you back quilting with us once again!

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cher the Quilter, YES SHE CAN!!!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Excellent! I'm so happy that you're able to do some quilting while your finger is healing.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a cheerful, fun quilt.

What a great job you did. Better than I could with two hands.

I hope you have a great day, Cher.

Darilyn

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I am glad you are back in the game (sort of). I found you on Twitter.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Go, Cher, GO! And by now you know that you can rotary cut a bit too!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, thank you for a lovely chat *VBS* Sure did cheer me up and make me feel better *VBS*!
The Builder Bob quilt is lookin' fine!! You knew you could, you knew you could and you did.
Hope the owie is all better soon. Big hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home