Sunday, March 01, 2009

down the knitted path


When knitted socks hit blogland I was very inspired. I promised myself I would knit some one day. I signed up for a knitting class that finally filled up and was really going to happen-on days that fit into my life, at the nearest yarn shop to where I live. Despite my cast, I found I could knit well enough to keep up with the class last Sunday. We were expected to do homework and here is my result. Yesterday I sat all day at a quilt shop selling tickets for a guild opportunity quilt, chatted with the owner of the shop and knitted. It was a delightful day. And, yes this color of yarn is close to the color of my cast!


Today we are off to enjoy an artwalk event and check in at the studio of one of our favorite local artists. He has invited folks to visit him at his studio this weekend. I have one of his very small pieces hanging in my work space. His name is Christopher Bibby. I will have to take a photo of it when I remember to take my camera to work-maybe tomorrow. We will probably enjoy lunch out and back home in plenty of time for my 3 o'clock class.

This class has taken my time away from the quilting path lately but I will be back on it very soon. I have been blogs this morning and being so inspired-so many wonderful quilts going on.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Look at you go with those socks and up to the heel cup now?

I knew you had a busy weekend when I didn't see you online and read your note yesterday.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, the beginnings look wonderful! I love thata color. I'm sure you'll be back to the quilting as time and cast permit *VBS* Hugs, Finn

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Great work and what a lovely sheen on that yarn.

:)

Darilyn

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger McIrish Annie said...

Bravo to you for perservering despite your cast! The socks look great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home