Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Finished Sept. 2nd

I made the most of the US Labor Day holiday to get the last shown partially finished top done, quilted, and bound.  An extra day off really helps!  I put a lot of fun quilting into this donation quilt.
Some lucky child is going to really enjoy both reading it and snuggling under it.

The following weekend I left early Friday and drove up to the Sisters Folk Festival.  This was my third year going and each year I find new favorite singer/song writers to enjoy.  However, one of my favorites was there and I was at every show she did.  She never repeated any song nor story either- what a delight!
I am writing about  Cheryl Wheeler,  and if you ever get a chance to hear her, you will not be disappointed!  She is quite witty and funny and down to earth with a real gift for writing gorgeous songs.
So, since returning home I have been doing a lot of this and that but nothing very serious in the using a sewing machine or playing with fabric departments.  I did pick up my featherweight today from having a lovely cleaning and polishing spa experience.  My plan is to set her up in the living room and work on string blocks.
Of course, that means I need to iron the fabric sitting on the table waiting to be cut up first.  
I had to work late tonight, stop and gas up the car as it was running on fumes, and after getting home and doing all the things one must, like eat dinner etc, I realized I needed to get back into the car and go to the grocery store.  I did reward myself by including a visit to Baskin and Robbins ice cream shop.  That treat will wait until tomorrow night as it is far too late to be indulging in any more eating!  Before the couch claims me I decided I could fit one last thing in-you guessed it, do this post with a photo.

You will note more fun stuff is lurking behind the finished quilt on the design wall.  
That will be coming up soon on the playing list.
Ok..off to enjoy the couch, a bit of knitting and enjoy the finale of Master Chef.

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I really enjoy Cheryl Wheeler as well. Actually I think you turned me on to her music a few years back. I think about her "On the Plane" song every time I fly--when "Orville and Wilbur" were boys air circulation.

How fun that you got to see her again at Sisters. Hope to catch you sometime this weekend (guild here) and also to see what is under that neat donation quilt you have made up.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Really turned out cute, Cher. Ps Thanks for all of the supportive comments on the loss of my mom. Big hug back at you!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger roccagal said...

adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home