Saturday, August 23, 2014

finished top-at long last



This is the completed top of the Riley Blake fabrics I picked up from my guild earlier this year.  I missed their deadline for turning in a quilt, but, as you can see I came up with my own block ideas and enjoyed using up all of the focus fabrics.  A few extremely narrow strips may show up from the scrap heap, but, truly not many.  This top will become a donation quilt for WrapThemInLove - the children's charity I quilt for the most.
Today I spent much of the day with my friend Claire enjoying a mini quilt shop hop.  She wanted to visit two shops that carry All American Brand cotton fabrics, and I added in another 2 shops just for fun.  We had a fabulous time and helped the local economy too.  In case you need to know which shops they were,
A Common Thread, The Pine Needle, Let's Quilt, and Holly Hill.  All different, all with a good variety of styles and plenty of wonderful quilts to admire as well.
I splurged and bought two different lines of  Moda  precut 2.5 inch squares of Wishes and Bartholo-meow's Reef.  They will end up eventually in donation quilts or maybe for one of the grands.
I also picked up more solids, polka dots, and a bit more what I call textured solids to freshen up the stash and some current quilt ideas. Six cuts of fabric will end up as a quilt for myself.  I don't know which quilt idea I want to use yet, but, it will be on my list of quilts to finish this year.

In a month I leave for Texas and a wonderful visit with my younger son, his wife and my only grandson, Max.   I have a lot to get done before that deadline.
We went and saw the movie, The Hundred Foot Journey tonight.  It was wonderful and a lovely date night movie to see.
 Between coming home from the shop hop and the movie, I stitched the last seam in this top.  After the movie I pressed and took the photo, fitting  this post in before heading to bed.
Tomorrow we have lots going on, I am pretty sure there won't be any cutting of new fabrics yet.  However, I think I may lay it all out and take a photo or two.  Nothing is prettier than new fabrics!


3 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger swooze said...

Where in Texas? I am in the DFW area.

lovely quilt Happy to see you post.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

well, that turned out quite well. Woohoo for a finish to flimsy!

Busy day but sounds like a fun one.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great use of the fabrics! I love the surprise HSTs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home