Friday, January 24, 2014

a quilting weekend ...

Last night we went to hear Cheryl Wheeler perform -downtown Portland (OR).  As always, she was funny and sang a great mix of songs.  We had a new friend with us who had never heard her...what a joy to introduce her to a much loved favorite performer.  Being what we call a "school night", the crowd was not huge, but, made plenty of noise - Cheryl felt the love!

So...getting up at 4:45 am this morning I am on the tired side.  However, M and M are off  today to the beach and that means a quiet house when I get home from the work mines tonight. They will be back home late Sunday so....
I have decided to devote the weekend to quilting...I will post on a few groups I belong to and invite others to quilt along with me and we can have fun online together.
The wind has been blowing so hard lately, the big wind chimes outside my window  are very loud!  I love hearing them however.
I hope by the end of Sunday to post real progress on the yellow top I am working on .
And, I hope everyone enjoys doing something creative this weekend as well.
with joy, Cher

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Lucky duck off to see Cheryl Wheeler perform. I bet she does a great job in smaller venues actually. Her songs that I am familiar with would lend themselves to that---telling stories, her and the guitar and little backup band.

I will definitely be sewing with you as I have another blog hop item to ready with a Valentine theme. Mdm Samm and Soma from whimsical fancies I think it is have supplied the patterns and we come up with something from that. I know what I am doing so will be foundation piecing a few of the motifs.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

"M and M' made me laugh...but that, they are. Hope all of you enjoy your own time off doing what you love. Bet the human 'm' loves having the canine 'm',...I can tell that he has already found his place in your heart and in your life, together. Enjoy your quilting! A friend and I are seeing the Oregon Gardens quilt show tomorrow..should be fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home