completed yellow strip top last night
Today I decided to sew up the final (#13) 2013 goal donation quilt top. I had been given ufos from my boss, who quilted for a short time and then her life moved on. When she cleared out all her stuff in her attic I was the only quilter she knew to pass it along to. In re-arranging stuff in my sewing room I had come across the last project she had started. So, I pulled it out and considered what her plan had been as there wasn't any pattern or directions with the fabrics...strip sets sewn together and 6 triangles cut from one set. Go with fabric with the strip sets. hmmm....as I was not about to spend hours and hours cutting more triangles and then turning them into blocks..I decided to cut up the strip sets into 5.5 inch squares and come up with a new top. I am currently stitching the last row of the cut strip set squares. I will then cut the go with fabric into 5.5 inch strips and sew all the rows together. I chose not to take any photos of the process of making this top. This is my last day on my own to really focus on quilting and I want to make the most progress possible. My plan is to get this top done, at which point I will take a photo and share, and then get it pinned for quilting. I will be able to devote some time in either the before work or after work hours to get the quilting and binding done. I would love to be completely finished before Friday, the 31st. Probably not realistic but certainly a goal to strive towards. I had prepared backs and batting for these last two tops...so I will only need to make bindings for them after they are quilted.
I have two challenge quilts coming due in February. New fabrics to play with and new ideas to try...a good reward for sticking with getting these quilts done and mailed off.
Glorious sunshine is streaming into my room today and oh my, I do love the light!