Wednesday, February 01, 2006

2nd scrappy top done




I included a close up of the foundation pieced fans-someone had played with these and then donated them to us...they finish at three inches square. This measures at 39 inches by 60-ish inches...no borders, will just add batting and a flannel backing and get it machine quilted up on the Bernie. I got home early enough that I may actually get this top basted today.

That leaves the design wall open- think I will put up the wonky house and play around some more...go find that leopard fabric and ....dig out the African scraps ...hmmm, a jungle village just might appear. I think it's time I played with something new.

7 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

I love how various orphan blocks appear in this scrap quilt. Its a great way to use them up, and does provide a point of order in the otherwise choatic top that is scrap quilting...

Have fun with your wonky house. I'd love to see it in jungle print... maybe a jungle hut shape will appear yet? :-)

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Love this one too, Cher. So much fun.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Crystal Boudreaux said...

Cher, you make me want to dive into a quilt like this one with my orphan blocks. I just get so nervous about not having a planned "pattern" when I start a quilt. I have to get over that and just do it!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

A wonky jungle village would be so much fun! Can't wait to see it come alive.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Inspiration for using up all those orphan blocks...I just need to learn to grab and sew...someday I will be able to do it!!!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Finn said...

This second top looks just as great as the first one!! How are you coming on emptying that bin??

I had to run to the eye dr. as something "let loose" this morning and sent my vision spiraling. Since I had to be in town, I stopped and got a couple more of those rolling containers with drawers..More sorting will be going on here this weekend!!

Have fun with the jungle beat as you build a village..*VBS* I can hear it now..."in the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight..." oh ya!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Fun fun fun Cher! I love the scrappy wonky quilts....they are GREAT so much fun to look at and see all that is in there!

Bonnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home