Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mary's quilt



Here was a fast charm quilt I made back in 2002 when we thought Mary wasn't going to be with us much longer. It's 70 by 90 and has 63 different floral squares. My favorite long arm gal did a terrific job on the quilting-sorry I didn't take a close up of it..I recently had it back to care for it before returning it to her in hospice. Mary used to take the most amazing photographs and loved all flowers, this was a fun quilt to do for her. I was delighted when she called demanding I go get her quilt as "those fools are bringing me all the wrong things from home". I cut a second set of these squares when I did this quilt and they are still safe on the fabric shelf. It was nice to be able to get a photo as I have no idea where I put the ones I took of it and her when we gave it to her back then.

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

She obviously loves it if she is calling to have you get it. Good job!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Finn said...

It's really lovely Cher...and such a simple idea, but it has big graphic impact.
Hope things go better for Mary once the quilt is with her again..*VBS*

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Very nice "theme" quilt - perfect for the flower lover! I am glad that Mary is still enjoying her quilt.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a lovely quilt. And your rows and columns are so straight.

Blogger wouldn't display the larger picture. I'll be back to check again. I'm looking forward to checking out the prints a little closer.

Thanks for posting the pic of such a great quilt.
Darilyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home