Friday, June 09, 2006

taaaadaaaaa! thanks Tonya!


I am giving Tonya over at lazygalquilting the credit for inspiring me to jump in and hand quilt wonky fans on this baby quilt. At long last Texas baby is finished-I will add a label once a baby is actually born. This feels great to be done ahead of any deadline and I am pleased with my first real hand quilting effort. I included a close up of one block to show my quilting better. I shared this at small group last night and had to laugh when one quilter friend asked me how long it took to quilt. yeah, right! I would guess each fan took about an hour-some more, some less...if you want some time element attached. Place a time value on having fun? I enjoyed each minute working on this quilt-that is the real value. And I will be delighted if it gets used up and worn away with love. I will just make another!



Life is Good!

leaving for quilt retreat today

my online quilt friends

curried lentil soup made for my sweetie while I am gone


9 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, it looks wonderful!!!!! I am so proud of you..your first handquilted quilt, and for such a very special "someone"..*VBS* Doesn't get better than that...honest! The quilt top is amazing..definitely has an "orphan" block or sampler feel, and I find myself looking at each block you pieced and thinking about why you might have chosen that one..*S*
And "I SPY" ladybugs??? I think I do..*VBS*
Have a wonderful retreat, Hugs, Finn

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Great quilt! Good job on your first hand-quilting effort. I am still not brave enough to try it!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Tracey said...

It looks fabulous Cher!! And it sounds like you had a wonderful time...yah! :o) Have fun at your retreat!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

What a lovely quilt ! My Starboat quilt will be quilted with fans when I come that far. I have never done them before, but like the look very much. One can never put a price on fun >/(

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

That turned out so cute! Your quilted fans look really great on it too. I'm wondering about doing them on my machine, freeform.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh, Cher, it looks so wonderful. You did a great job. Yeah, hand quilting is done for love, definitely not as a time saver. But it's so relaxing isn't it. The quilt is so marvelous. Good for you.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Oh yes I love the fans too....

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow your free form fans look great! They are wonderful!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Cher, I love your wonky fans. I want to try it sometime soon. Yours turned out great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home