Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mary's string quilt

I mentioned sharing the string block idea with my once a month charity group-and the next time we met, Mary brought a finished string quilt in. She did a great job-though these are of course strips and not really strings! I still need to finish stitching binding on and set up to quilt..later today/tonight as I mentioned in my last post. It was go spend time with my granddaughter earlier today and then I clicked around the stash ring and caught up with everyone. whew. On some I was way behind in reading, on others, nothing new posted since the last time I visited. Now I can stay off line for long enough to do something quilty! It's raining and cold today-but I still need to take our dog for a walk ...and it seems right now works for her.
Hope everyone gets to have some great quality quilting time this weekend.

10 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

This quilt is the cutest! The X's and O's formed by the directions of the strips are absolutely awesome! Great idea!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Tracey in CT said...

That is a really neat setting! The x's and o's are like hugs and kisses.
Very nice.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Love the X/O pattern formed by the string blocks. I'll have to remember that when I start setting heartstings blocks together. Maybe use "red" blocks for the Xs and "blue" blocks for the Os. Something to think about anyway.

Bet that grandbaby is growing like a weed. :-)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

cute quilt! I didn't realize there was a difference between strips and strings.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Clare said...

It's a mixture of Ton's Xs and Os Take the Leap Challenge and Heartstrings. Combining 2 great ideas.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

This is a nice way to arrange the strings, as everyone else just said. I too find myself very behind reading some blogs, while being able to keep up with others. I know part of it is bloglines being fickle, but part of it might be how that particular blog fits in the alphabet.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I love this block arrangement. Mary did a good job on the top, Cher. Think we can all take a break and chat one of these days?

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Darlene said...

Cute quilt!

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, what a fun string quilt. I love that there are so many possibilities when you lay out the blocks. And I don't think it really matters that they are strips instead of strings. It all seems to work well.
I found a great antique string baby quilt that I will post tomorrow..blogger was dropping things today. Hugs for you and Baby Alice, Finn

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

What a nice way to set the string blocks :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home