Thursday, February 15, 2007

a new challenge


M asked me which quilts I have planned for this year-and I said at least five to ten are on my list to either finish or create during this year. We took yesterday off and had a lovely Valentine's Day together. At some point I found myself in my quilting area reading my quilt guild's challenge rules and studying the fabric that makes it the challenge. Oh my. There were more rules than I thought...and the deadline was not as far off as it used to be! Without giving away my design totally, I am sharing the fabrics I pulled to "go with" the challenge fabric and the start of the blocks I came up with. [by the way, all fabric is pulled from stash...and this also fits Judy's challenge to cut into special fabric you have been saving..most of this fabric I bought years ago for a Hoffman challenge quilt I wanted to do] The show is in April so a photo of the completed wall hanging will be posted on that day.
Yes, it is as shiny gold as it looks...it will be a small wall hanging and probably a gift for someone whom I have been racking my brains to come up with something unique. I have shiny gold quilting thread already and know how I want to quilt it. I have two blocks made. I did some cutting tonight and refolded all the fabric to make this pretty pile to photograph. Because the quilt for this show has been done long ago...I was very casual about starting this challenge-now I have put it on the top of my work on it now list! I am so happy that this is a small project and should go together quickly. Next post I will have another charity quilt by Eloise to share...it is quite stunning...

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous! It's going to be a dynamite quilt! Can't wait to see it!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great job in cutting up some special fabrics to make this challenge quilt. It will be fun to see what you come up with.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

That fabric IS a challenge in itself! I love the fabrics that you pulled to go with it! With these lovely fabrics, this is going to be a show stopper!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

pretty fabrics!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

I can't wait to see your finished project! You know me, anything shiny and I'll love it!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger swooze said...

Love your fabric. What color is the shiny bit? Multi or gold? Very nice. You can send me your scraps!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

What beautiful fabric you have selected for your challenge quilt. I can't wait to see it.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Looks elegant. I'm looking forward to unveiling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home