Saturday, July 07, 2007

I want to come back next time as my dog


Does it get any better than this? Her attitude is perfect-life should be all about lying out in the warmth and her person opening the door to come in or out as she pleases. Oh, and fill the water dish with fresh water. Throw in a snack and a walk and it's a perfect life in her opinion. This is our Zoe, a four year old boxer. Her coloring is called brindle and yes, she is a pure bred. She's fixed and due to a "funny" ear (besides being not cropped, which in the US means not show quality) not a chance of being able to be shown. She is also not always friendly with other dogs-she especially does not care for black dogs...most especially of the collie or Australian sheepdog variety. A funny dog and always thrilled to meet new people-she will lick them to death if they let her. She does not lick us, as we do not ever allow it. Not that she hasn't sneaked in a lick once in a while should she find us on the floor or within range. In an earlier part of my life I had cats-they were wonderful and full of personality and I am now sorry I don't really have any photos of them. I do not have plans in the foreseeable future of having any either-Zoe is quite enough to keep up with thank you. By the way, she was napping before I had to open the door and take this shot...it just would not work through the sewing room window...I tried.
Still have not done Alice photo editing, but, I did go spend time with my aunt and other family members, have done a huge amount of stitching, and made plans with friends to tour the lavender festival/farms tomorrow. Check it out here.

8 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

oh, I'm with you. I want to be a cat tho - much less work involved -- no running and fetching. just sleeping and purring. mmmm. sunshine. Just so long as we're family pets and not strays...

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

I'd be a cat too... lol
Cats can sneak on the counters and top of the fridge and other places where a dog can't go. :)

And it's not called a cat nap for nothing!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I would come back as my cat--she is soooo spoiled as you well know. Such a sweet dogger you have there--pretty colors in her coat.

I want to hear how the Lavendar Festival went

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I never noticed the funny ear. Was going to tell you... forget what I told you about tomato juice as it is no longer working here. Aaak! my poor yard.
Have fun at the festival :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Zoe is a beautiful girl. I see more and more boxers with non-cropped ears. I like the boxers with floppy ears, but the dobies still look funny uncropped.

I have found lots of aussies that hate my german shepherds for some reason. Isn't that strange?

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger JoAnna said...

By the way, she was napping before I had to open the door and take this shot.

She doesn't look like she was all that disturbed by the intrusion. :)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Katie said...

How would Zoe feel about napping with a handsome black and white fella with a lot of border collie in him? Dogs know how to find the most comfortable place to sleep and cats can always find the warmest place. :)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Finn said...

What a great picture of Zoe! She's a real beauty...*VBS* Right now I wouldn't take on the care of a dog again, altho I loved my darling golden beyond belief. Maybe it was as a one of a kind love, I'm not sure. For now, Ebby needs a place to be, and I need something else in my place besides me. Minimal upkeep, and I'm able to leave and not worry about getting back to let her out. Works for me!
Love the Rainbow Rail....that really, really turned out well.
Great job to have all the color decisions made for the wedding quilt. Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home