Friday, August 24, 2007

what's up tonight??


This top is made from the blocks I worked on as a leader/enders during the wedding quilt project.

I have been working on them here and there since I returned home. This morning, I decided to get the vertical rows stitched.
I am having dinner and a sewing night with my aunt tonight. I wanted to work on this top and figured if all I had to stitch were the rows together, it would be easy. I am going to be helping her re-learn her machine and work on a simple project. Once I have this top together, I will be adding borders-fabric I bought a while back-so more stash busting ahead! It's WNBA playoff time and there will be two more games waiting tonight once I get back home to be watched. It's nice to be at this stage of this project. I think while I watch the games tonight, I will wash the border fabric-I am pretty sure it needs it. Tomorrow I am meeting up with Patti and we are headed Hollys way. It's going to be a quilty day! I look forward to great company and whatever else happens.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Sounds fun, I love your string quilt! I am dying to play with strings again!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Wow! What an eye-catching, beautiful quilt. It sounds like a really fun day and evening for you. Enjoy!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Gail said...

Looks great. Maybe I'll have to try a string quilt after all.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger chq said...

I love those colors...great quilt!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Very fun. Bright happy quilt. Wish I could come sew with ya'all too! Enjoy yourselves.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I love the brights in there---almost looks like sunshine! Definitely a cheery quilt for the receipient.

Sounds like you three have a terrific day planned. We'll watch for the report(s)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

What a gorgeous rainbow strings! Oh, I am sooo sorry I am missing out on meeting up with all of you! Have fun and catch me next time!Tell Holly and Patti that I can't wait to meet them too! I'll read all all of your blogs from Alaska, so tell us all about it!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love the colours in this quilt! It reminds me of salsa.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Pretty! Did you pre-sort the colors ahead of time??? I have been studying the color wheel lately trying to get some sort of semblance for my scrap colors. I love yours!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, the string top looks just yummy! Like a bowl of summer fruit salad...all green grapes and cantelope, etc. Really a beatuty!
And I just love the wedding quilt..it turned out soooo very well. A lot of work, but what a masterpiece.
Hope you had a wonderful sewing time with Patti and Holly...*VBS* Hugs, Finn

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

OOOH! This quilt is so fun...looks like a party!!! Great work, Cher!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

I love the colors of these string blocks. This is going to be a great quilt.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Hedgehog said...

Ooh - this is goregous!! I need to get my string blocks out again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home