Saturday, August 18, 2007

long awaited photos....


the middle of the quilt close up

What a perfect day it has been- cool-ish weather, perfect for the gardening that we needed to accomplish. Then, I tidied up the sewing room and made some progress on my string blocks, the pile of finished blocks waiting to be trimmed is growing! And, I finally uploaded and re-sized the photos of the wedding quilt and the wedding photos I took on vacation. If I had more time I would put up a flickr link for more photos, but, I will tackle that another time. For now, I will just put up the most important ones. The quilt photo without the kids is after being quilted, before the binding and labels. My longarm gal wanted a photo for herself, and her husband had a wonderful setup for doing that. I was lucky enough to be given a copy so I could share it here. I am so happy that they both loved the quilt and were so excited about receiving it. Ryan said he had hoped I would make them one but was not sure I would...and they both really liked the colors I used and were quite touched by the family labels as well. What a relief it is to not only have it finished but well received. I know they appreciate it as an expression of my love for them-aren't quilts the best for feeling wrapped up in love?

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

What a beautiful quilt! Wow!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

what a wonderful gift. your quilter did an amazing job too.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It looks great Cher, I agree with Tonya, the quilting is wonderful and suits the top well.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

It turned out beautifully, Cher with the wonderful piecing you did augmented by the quilting. The feathered heart wreath was a perfect choice on her part. Hurray for getting the full out image of it!


Also congratulations to the happy couple.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

It's beautiful and the quilting is especially nice, too.
There's nothing like giving a quilt and knowing it will be loved and appreciated.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Very pretty quilt and a nice gift. Your quilter did a nice job on the quilting.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Your quilter did a marvelous job on this beautiful top. Quilting always makes a top come truly alive in my opinion by adding the texture that causes the light to play across the surface creating shadows and brighter areas. This is a perfect design for a wedding quilt. I'm so glad they liked it so much. Makes all the hard work worthwhile, doesn't it.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

You made a beautiful quilt.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

I'm new to blogging and just ran across your blog (which I thoroughly enjoyed). I'm from Portland, OR, which I think you are, also. I am looking for a good long-arm quilter for some quilt tops I have done and would love a recommendation. Could you share who you go to with me?

I loved looking (longingly) at your pictures from your trip to Sisters. I have wanted to go for years but always have had a vacation conflict with it, until this year. I had two different possibilities of going with friends this year and was sure I was going to make it, but both of them fell through and alas, I didn't want to go alone so went on my own little shop hop here to try to make myself feel better. I loved looking at your photos. Thanks for sharing them.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

That was worth the wait to see... Wonderful job!!!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The photo with their smiling faces says it all! It is a great quilt and your quilter really did some beautiful quilting! Congratulations on this finish, I am sure it will be treasured for years!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

What a lovely quilt! You do beautiful work :-)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

So perfect! What a lucky couple!!! You're a terrific Mom!

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home