Saturday, August 04, 2007

WrapThemInLove challenge

Here is a challenge from our charity headquarters:  Ellen sent
this to the wraptheminlove yahoo group and I am passing it along
as I am one of the moderators of that group
I would love to see the quilts that get donated from quilters
taking this challenge.



Here is a challenge for you------

I have tons and tons of donated fabric. A lot of it is small
squares or strips or triangles or just chunks of fabric.
Do you think you can make something of it? Anyone who will
take up the challenge to make something for Wrap Them in Love
from the fabric and will send me a $10 donation to
help me pay for my postage expenses, will get as much as
I can stuff into a priority box. I'll put all kinds of
different sizes and shapes of pieces in
there and you can have the fun of playing in the fabric
and creatingsomething for one ( or more) of those little angels!
I'm sure that you will be able to get several things out of what
I can stuff into one of those boxes.

Send $10 for each box of goodies that you want me to send to
Wrap'em headquarters at:

Wrap Them in Love
2522 A Old Hwy 99 S
Mount Vernon, WA 98273


Please note that is 99 S (as in south) it is NOT a 5
Ellen Sime


I know there are lots of deserving charities for quilters
to support-this is the one that I devote the majority of my time
and energy to.

We have often passed out a specific fabric as a challenge to our
group here in Portland-this challenge would take that idea to the
next level...I just may not be able to resist playing along!


2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

What an excellent offer and challenge for anyone wanting to give it a try for a wonderful cause! Many of us already have stash strips, squares and triangles in abundance, but I actually know quilters who only buy just enough for each project and have virtually no stash of their own! Hard to believe, I know ;) I hope Ellen gets lots and lots of takers...it's such a great idea! Hopefully, just by posting this, Cher...you'll spark some interest and maybe even some little quilts from those having some to spare!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, good to see a post from you at last! You must really BE BUSY!!!
What a great idea Ellen has, I think I will play along...even with as much fabric as I have..seeing what might come in a box is very exciting!!! Big hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home