Sunday, August 10, 2008

my excuse for no photos and what I accomplished today

We bought our digital camera the year we got Zoe as a puppy, 2003. I went through the manual and set up the camera options for the type of photos I knew we would be taking the most of.
Somehow the last time I formatted the card, I changed a critical setting photo function. I can not zoom in...and of course I have no idea how to fix it. Reading the manual is like reading rocket science theory. If they could make it any more convoluted, well I don't think it's possible! So, my story is no photos until I sort out translating the manual back into my brain so I can fix what I so easily goofed up! I have finished the orange block (boy am I glad I only had to make one!) and it's in an envelope to be mailed-(sorry no photo taken), and finished putting quilty things into an out of country mailer-just need to make a card to pop into it, and it's ready for the post office. And, I have done some quilting on the booty swap quilt. I also mended Alice's favorite cloth book I made her last Easter. I managed to do that little job during her day nap today. Too bad we had to take her home when she woke up. 24 hours go by in a flash when you have a two year old in the house!!! My left arm is now really not happy- it's the one with a small tear in the bicep tendon..something I just found out when I finally went to my doctor about the on/off pain in it. I have a wonderful doctor who after giving me some great advice on caring for my injured arm, suggested how to get back into the work out training I was actually enjoying up to early June. Of course, part of the lack of healing progress is my not going to her sooner and partly because I really under-estimated the damage I had actually done-thinking I had pulled a muscle and/or strained something . So, it's ice pack time and rest for this arm after all my lovely Alice (up Nana, up Nana) time. And a lot of muttering ouch, ouch too.

and last but certainly not least, a Big Happy Birthday to my pal Linda!!! I hope today was filled with all good and quilty things!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

What a bummer about the camera! Good luck fixing it. I hate dealing with those manuals, too.

Hope the arm feels better. Sounds like you're getting stuff done in spite of it, but I'm sure it can't be easy.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I know you treasure every moment you have with that little one. I am sure that she didn't understand that the shoulder was not faring very well with the "up Nana's"

And thanks for the bday greetings---I had a wonderful day stitching on some redwork and generally kicking back. Out to lunch with my sweetie and curling up with a good book.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Poor girl! Take care of that arm! Are you able to take ibuprofen? That really helped me...along with 2 sessions of icing per day. Best wishes!

I did about the same thing with my camera...haven't a clue still. Now I just use the internal memory...which is only a storage of 14 pics. But I'm not in love with the camera enough to purchase a new card.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

ouch. sorry to hear about the tear. Tear? Even the sound of that is awful. Baby yourself and heal quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home