Friday, August 22, 2008

waiting, waiting...

Still not doing any stitching, plotting what big project I am going to do the minute after M leaves for 10 days...one idea is to more or less empty out this room (sewing/computer) and paint it. I gave this idea thought last year and decided no. I am back to considering it again this year. (oh yeah, my bad arm...probably not such a good idea to do at this time) Guess I will tackle all that garden work instead, easier on my arm.

And, I checked delivery confirmation and know my booty swap has been delivered to it's person, no mention on their blog yet!!!! It was delivered on Monday ! You know the moment after I receive mine, I will be posting a photo and emailing a big thank you.
On my lunch hour, I have to go pick up a chocolate cream pie for the party we are going to tomorrow...a dear friend is turning the big 5-0 ...should be a lot of fun and a chance to visit with many folks we hardly catch up with anymore.
It's Friday- always nice to hit the last day of work for the week, plus our company allows us to wear jeans on Fridays...nice. Of course I am a casual kind of woman, I would wear comfy clothes all the time if I had my choice- and actually most of the time I do-it's nice to have choices-wear more professional attire or not. Really, the only reason I wear my professional clothes anymore is I feel sorry for them languishing in my closet-but, not being a manager anymore, there is absolutely zero motivation or rarely a need to wear them. I am not so much about the latest fashions as most of my co-workers-I don't work in the public eye and as it's all about sitting at a desk and using my brain power-it just doesn't matter (to me) what I wear. Ok, I think I can do some stitching on the pillowcases this morning -at least wrap up that project tonight.


Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I know what you mean about the waiting...

BTW I am waiting for a slice of that chocolate cream pie!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger dot said...

I understand but maybe just maybe she doesn't have it yet. If it is a P.O. box she might be like me and not check her mail every day. I will keep my eyes open for the little beauty to pop up on another blog.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

August is vacation time in many parts of the world, so maybe she is away. But some people just don't post these things quickly. I get so excited that I do!!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, hope you postpone the work and just enjoy yourself for a few days...or even all 10. We are so quick to put ourselves to work, and so reluctant to play hookie. I'll write you a note *VBS* Big hugs, Finn
P.S. The koi fabric is too neat..love the pillowcases, etc.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I forgot about your arm problems so yeah, painting might not be the best thing under the circumstances. Bet you will find some project around the house to tend to though.

So far I am not getting much done in the creativity area today--being lazy, LOL.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh.. I just saw the finshed quilt.. orange and dragonflies..thought that for a second could be for me, but no, no goodies in the mail. Lucky partner!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Conversations about working clothes always make me remember my first corporate job - being very young and no working wardrobe - I wore my highschool uniform for all the interviews and a full month to work, just changing out the blouses. My boss later told me that they hired me because they liked my professional attire! I wore that uniform for years and years - whatever my Mom paid for it - it earned itself back 100X over!
Cheers!
Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home