Sunday, August 17, 2008

Koi quilt ready to be given


I stayed up last night until the last stitch was done on the binding/labels for this quilt. If you click on the photo you will see the machine quilting better-done free hand to give the feel of water movement by Robin Hill, a local longarm quilter.
No one is around to help hold up this large quilt so I made do with taking the photo spread out on our bed-not the best shot, but good enough for today. When it is given I have instructed photos need to be taken again! I want one with Denise and this quilt...in fact, I have to add I want one with her and the first quilt I made her. And, can you believe it? M has already suggested a wall hanging idea for Denise. I told her next year-I have more than enough to work on till year end thank you.
Today being cloudy and cooler than the last few days I decided to finish the scrubbing down of the back concrete patio deck area. I tried a cleaning product that promises results in 30 seconds...ok..for concrete it takes 15 minutes of keeping the area wet with the cleaner. I tried it out on an area where if things went wrong we could live with the result...then I looked at the area I had left to clean and decided this may not be as fast and effective as using the hose and scrubbing would be. I may try it again next year however. There went my morning.
M saved me by coming out towards the end of this huge manual labor task with pain meds and a glass of water-I did not argue and gulped them down. With my bad arm this was not the best task to tackle, but, being the woman for the job and having the perfect weather-I just did it anyway. I have to say, the result looks well worth the efforts. It's a job that only has to be done once a year-so cross that off the house maintenance list. I am feeling pleased after a shower and some lunch to dive into the pillowcases without any guilt. M has been doing all the laundry and errand running today-we make a great team I feel. I also have a wedding quilt block to make and have ready to mail off tomorrow to do today as well. I am clearing the decks to return to a large quilt I am paper piecing from the class I took earlier this year with Judy Neidmeyer.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congratulations on getting all your tasks done! you deserve a rest!

Denise will LOVE the koi quilt...I know I do :) the quilting is so pretty and looks like gentle waves the koi would make swimming in it!

Glad your deck is clean but be careful with your shoulder, okay? wouldn't want you to re-injure it and make it worse!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

That quilt turned out beautifully, Cher! I love the idea of adding pillow cases to match.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger swooze said...

Very pretty. Love the quilting effects. I am binding the 7 Sisters now. Am just on the first side but plan to have it done by the weekend!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

congrats on the finish - what a lovely gift.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Oh Cher Thankyou so much for the fabrics what a wonderful surprise. I have designed and started a new project called AUTUMN CHER PROJECT
Im writing all about it on my blog and will progress and take pics bit by bit each day about your fabrics. Thankyou so muchxxx

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

What wonderful gift this will be for Denise and pillow cases to boot!

I am sorry that the yard project turned into far more than your sore shoulder needed. Maybe that cleaning project will work for next year though if you can use it before it gets too bad?? Hope you didn't further injure yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home