Saturday, August 23, 2008

one small project done


As I finished up these pillow cases this morning, I had to really wonder why it took me 8 years to finally do this truly fast project. Obviously it was not such a huge priority-we had found white with similar blue flowers pillowcases at the store-and some other quilt probably was the big project at the time to finish. And so, this fabric and idea sat all this time. Now I can enjoy that red geranium fabric much more often, and a new quilt idea to use the balance has come to me as well. I had to really hunt down the matching blue fabric as it had been put back into the blue stash shelf. Cross that off the mental list of long time projects waiting their turn to be done! My neighbor swung by and took away our old couch-no buyers so off it went to a good charity group instead. The sun is out and it is shaping up to be a fabulous day outside. I think a bit of gardening is next on my list to enjoy. Not too much, due to my arm, but enough to satisfy my need to be outside and accomplishing a dent in the large task of weeding. And, the cherry tomatoes need picking. We can take a bowl full of those along to the cookout later today. Mmmmm, warm fresh tomatoes off the vine...nothing tastes sweeter!

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

That is a beautiful quilt cher. I love the idea of matching pillow cases. I am going to have to plan to make pillow cases for some of my quilts.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Red white and blue always look great together. Sorry to read about your arm.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Isn't that often the way -- put off something and then it's done very quickly! Love the quilt and cases.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home