Friday, August 15, 2008

binding going on...

I picked up the Koi quilt from the longarm quilter on Wednesday and promptly came home, stitched the binding together and machine applied it to the front. I have been stitching it down on the back each evening while watching the Olympics. Last night I turned the last corner-time to take a label break. M wants photos scanned and a label made including them. The fabric I use for photo transfer is pretty stiff in my opinion- Printed Treasures is the brand I use- so I set a limit of two photos. One is of the actual hole dug long before the pond was finished up. When Denise had her house built, she knew down the road, she wanted a very large pond in the backyard. Judging from the photos of her pond currently-it seems like a lake to me! If I can figure out how to scan and add a photo-I will share what I am talking about. Denise is a woman after my own heart-a long term planner and big project thinker. And, when she wants something done- she pulls it off well. She has retired and can enjoy the beautiful home she has created.
Anyway, nice to be nearly done with this quilt and know it will be ready to head off to Utah on the 24th of this month. The excess fabric from the backing may have enough of the smaller koi fabric to be trim for a pillowcase or two-now I think I may consider making a set to go with the quilt. Photos will be posted once this quilt is totally done. The quilting came out just the way I wanted it too as well- she free handed the curves and it gives a water effect perfectly.
The upcoming weekend has no commitments !!! I plan to spend it doing some catching up on tasks around the house and fit in a visit over at Alices.
I completed my work deadline job yesterday- whew! plus taught a complicated spreadsheet to a co-worker who barely knows excel. Another big woohoo on that. I can relax a bit now at the day job and play catch up with August data. We are changing banks and yesterday the new bank folks were in-it is going to be pretty interesting as we make the switch over and I am sure a few challenges will come our way as we go along. I enjoy the change-it is much more fun to have to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions and find answers than just drudge along. And, hip hip hooray it is Friday!!!! With an expected 102 F temp expected today, I have already run the sprinklers in the yard this morning- an extra day of watering. We are eating strawberries and blue berries from the garden now and picked our first large tomato- yum!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Your job sounds like my old job. I love playing with Excel and coming up with creative solutions.

Try to stay cool today.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Nothing beats progress! Pillowcases would be nice if you have enough of the koi fabric for trim! Tie the gift all together.

Whew it is hot out there! Hope it does not last for long and you get back to something more seasonal.

I am about 2/3rds done with my project. Nary a stitch in yet today but I have had other things to deal with. Maybe by Sunday I can call this woman and get it delivered soon?

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger ~Niki~ said...

Your blog is wonderful. I'd love to have you join Just Us Quilters! Just remember, I require a link back to the blog, HTML provided on my blog. We're up to 350 quilters now I believe!
http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Hey there Cher,

I love your little booty swap quilt. That color combo is one of my favorites. You have been really busy! Hope your torn tendon heals quickly. Stay cool today ... a cold front is on it's way. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home