Saturday, April 29, 2006

and the rest of the stash



I know Judy posted photos of her stash-so, along with the stash room and the sewing room closet which shows one or two of the 3 wire basket towers all filled with both stash and ufos...are these tubs. Two live out in the sun room at the moment, and three live out in the garage.

My plan is to fold and do some organizing in the stash room and get these tub fabrics onto those shelves-think I can squeeze it all in?
I will eventually post a photo of the cleaned up sewing room, featuring a stack of 3 tubs that dealt with that jumbled mess on the floor of ufos and assorted fabrics. I still have a very full scrap bin - waiting to be cut into useful sizes. That will have to wait while I deal with these deadlines...if all else fails, I could take it on retreat in June with me to press and cut up :-)

6 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Finn said...

These looks so nice and neat and NOT dug into..LOL. I'm not totally convinced it will all fit into the available space tho..maybe if you squeeze hard enough.

Sure doesn't look like we will run out of fabric does it??? Hugs, Finn

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Nines said...

I had to giggle when I read of the location of some of your stash... Sarah says that if her DH doesn't know where it is... does it really exist? She has some very imaginative places for her stash- her laundry room cupboards being my favorite! Good luck on condensing it! I love to fondle fabric, but it can be overwhelming, sometimes!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Impressive stash! I have hesitated posting pictures of my stash or my studio--my mother reads my blog and she would be horrified if I published pictures of such a mess! Good luck on your "squeezing" more fabric onto those shelves. *S*

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

I wish I could come and help you fold and organize :-) Besides sewing, fabric fondling is one of my favourite hobbies ! The feeling of fabrics is so good - no wonder I can not stop shopping ;-)

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Patti said...

I'm not at all sure you can get it onto the shelves. :-) But if I were you I'd certainly want it out of the tubs. I have to have my fabric out where I can see it or I totally forget what I have.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Oh, I'd love to fondle all that fabric, too. I think you have a better selection than my local fabric store. I know you have a nicer range of colors.

It's amazing how fabric hides. I thought I didn't have much of a stash but I just found a bag that I don't even remember buying. This fabric stuff is tricky. LOL

Thanks for sharing pics.

Darilyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home