Wednesday, February 21, 2007

tidying up

Each morning I am taking some quilty time-some days that means reading blogs..but lately-I have been finishing up the challenge wall hanging. Last night I picked out all the paper from the top-ugh! I told M, remind me to get rid of all those old phone books I thought would make great paper for pp'ing! I am going to invest in lightweight tracing paper hereafter. This morning's task is to sandwich and pin baste the top. I fell asleep thinking about quilting...hand or machine? I was considering gold shiny thread...but, now, maybe not...I don't want to blind folks!
So...get it basted and then...tonight dive into quilting....and a reminder- no photos until after the April 14th quilt show.

4 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

I have two words: Kabinet Wax paper! I just finished a 110"x110" quilt using this as the foundation for the strings. Easy Peasy to remove.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

I've heard people recommend phone books. What was wrong with them?

Good for you for doing quilty things everyday. I try to do that as well. And especially good that you moved to finishing up things rather than just reading about others finishing up things. I have a hard time with that one.

Good luck with your quilting decisions. I am sure you will make the right ones, Cher.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

It's nice to set aside time for quilting, sometimes other things get in the way. I look forward to seeing the quilt.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is the one thing that really puts me off foundation piecing - removing all that dratted paper - if I really do have to do any I tend to stitch on vilene and leave it in living with the extra weight - can't ever see myself doing a full quilt in that method though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home