Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Sisters Quilt Show photos

To kick off ....a wonky sorta Gee's Bend flavored quilt. I am currently reading Collaborative Quilting by Freddy Moran & Gwen Marston-reading as in actually reading the text- when I first bought it, I certainly paged through and enjoyed all the photos but didn't take time to read it cover to cover.

It was really great to see a few maverick/wonky inspired quilts at Sisters...I am sure I missed many wonderful quilts-as we certainly did not cover all of the places where they were being shown.

here is my idea of an applique I would love to own...maybe one day even try and make!

This is my idea of a wonderful orphan quilt ! Finn....sorry, I did not note names on any of the quilts I took photos of- so can not give the proper person credit...just really enjoyed this quilt.





we could not resist showing this amazing quilt- the closer you got, the less you knew what you were looking at!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

that dog quilt is amazing. check out Kristin's Knit One Quilt Too blog - I think that top quilt and the happy orphany looking one are both by Betsy Rickles. Wonderful and fun.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

That's some orphan type quilt all right, thank you for posting quilts from the Sisters show.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love the simplicity of that wonky Gee's Bend quilt. I can't imagine making a quilt like that dog quilt. I envy you being able to go to Sisters. I have only seen the show a few years ago, but I vow to return one day! Thanks for sharing the photos.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Great quilts Cher...thanks for snapping those! Love the wonky Gee's Bend look alike! Great job, and did I mention? you can cook for sew for me anyday! Hugs, Finn

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Thanks for sharing :-) Someday, I'll get to go...

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love the dog quilt and boy, does it show from a distance!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Love the photos, Cher!!! That wonky one is terrific...color scheme and all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home