Friday, November 07, 2008

making progress


Tuesday proved to be the beginning of what has become a yucky cold-the cough and the stuffy nose is so annoying. I probably am at the end of it, though still coughing and so on. I wanted to show progress on this large quilt I am working on. I have most of my end wall as my design wall.
At this size it won't totally fit when I get to the last third- but this shows how I am working in sections and checking to be sure the row above works with the row below and on the side. This will be six rows by six rows. I dropped having a seven row long quilt top. There will be a three inch border instead - color still to be determined. I have had no luck in auditioning or searching for the teal green color to go with the print shading I wanted to highlight. Probably a medium purple will be the most likely border choice of color.
We are off to another concert tonight. David Grisman and Jon Sebastion...what a duo! I did a little stitching this morning and will no doubt do more later tonight. No concrete plans for the weekend, other than to hammer a bit on this project. I have other life stuff going on that will be sucking up a lot of time next week.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

It looks great, Cher.

And what wonderful design wall. I'll be watching to see what border color you pick.

I just love these colors and the pattern.

I hope you feel all better soon.

Darilyn

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Too bad -- feel better! Looks like you're really making progress.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I am fascinated by your use of color in this quilt. It is very creative. I hope you feel better.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love the way the blocks are turning out! with the varied 9 patches...very cool!

Feel better soon :)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Sounds like that nasty cold thing is going around. I like the progress you're making on the dnp -- should be an interesting quilt when it's finished. I'm reading blogs newest to oldest posts now just to catch up!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger em's scrapbag said...

I had to stop by your blog when I saw you were a Taurus from Oregon and you like to quilt. We must be kindred spirits with that much in common. I love your quilt. Hope you are feeling better and can find some time to work on the quilt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home