Thursday, February 02, 2006

ufo#4 done- scrappy2


So, I stayed up way too late last night-but finished quilting scrappy2. Then today was busy with life stuff...but managed to get the label and binding finished. This will be another donation quilt and so I put the binding on the back, pulled it to the front and machine stitched it down. These quilts often go to areas where they will take a beating in being cared for...machine stitching the binding holds up longer I am told. Sometimes I still hand stitch down..it's a hard habit for me to give up even on these. But, I am getting better as it sure gets the job done faster.
The other great thing about the binding ( cut the strips from trimming the backing fabric after quilting it) I used from the backing fabric, is it used all that fabric up but a 42 inch strip. More flannel stash busted.
A friend sent thread for the Texas baby quilt and it arrived today.
I am still not sure how I want to quilt this one...considering hand quilting...meanwhile, many thanks to LJ for sending the perfect varigated thread colors!
Finn- love that song! Now I will be humming it as I work on this village. It's up next for sure now. I sure have been thinking about it as I was finishing up this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home