Thursday, February 09, 2006

pretty much a non quilty day for me


I finished folding the heap of fabric from the floor and I pulled out the next ufo to work on. (last night)

So here is a photo of the resultant folding...some of the fabric on the far right is in the wonky village top...a lot were rejects or fabrics that go back into the fabric room....next to that stack is fqs more or less. The far left two stacks are African stash, some used in the wonky village-a lot not. Hanging up in the background is part of the backing I will use...all in all, this looks much better than jumbled, tumbled, heaped on the floor! I know Dee, you wanted a photo of this going into the bin...that may happen later...but this is it for now!


I hand quilted one arc on the Texas baby tonight (during small quilt group time)-I hate the marking pencil I chose. But really, I have been off playing with friends and handling some business all day. By the way LJ, that thread is working perfectly on the Texas baby -as in perfect varigated colors...it may be traveling with me to Georgia and you may see it in person. I am going to switch to my yellow chalk marking method and see if that works better for what I want. I am working up to free form fans...marking for a while will help me settle into it easier I think.

Took some time to read through blogs and do some catching up-blogger being down for an hour impeded my posting earlier. Always great to check in with everyone-some inspiring photos too.

Part of my clean up efforts filled that large scrap bin, making at least one of my February goals likely to become one of my March goals...sometimes things just take longer. That's ok with me. Tomorrow I am driving a dear friend out to a small local quilt show, picking up another friend on the way. It's a great chance to visit and check out a new quilt shop to me plus take in some quilt viewing as well.
I do hate leaving Zoe for a second day in a row on her own for most of the day, but she will be ok. (got to get a photo of her up soon)
Have a few plans for the weekend, but, mostly wrapping stuff up around here-quilty wise and life wise...the wind is so fierce tonight the gong chimes are going non-stop...along with some other various banging noises too...glad to be inside in the warm.

It's been really great making some new friends lately and re-connecting with some well loved ones too...it's all good here.

5 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, absolutely awesome folding..I'm VERY impressed..*VBS*

I love seeing other peoples fabric...just like the rest of us quilt NUTS! Good going on getting some hand quilting done.

Sometime if you are pressed for a subject to blog about..would you consider telling me abit more about the "Wrap them in Love" project?? Kind of how it works and what any one person does, etc? Of ir thats too much I totally understand..*VBS*

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Well done Cher! What eye candy you've presented us with this morning! Now for the constant challenge of keeping it this way! :-)

Where is the little quilt show you are going to? I'd love to see a quilt show but time is limited this weekend. I have a longarm meeting in Centralia from noon to 4:00 - that pretty much takes up my entire Saturday.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Love the nice tidy folded stacks! So much of my fabric is jumbled in tote tubs or overflowing from laundry baskets :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

You are one tidy folder. Mine never seem to look that nice. I'll have to get more fabric so I can practice. ;)

Thank you for the "rainbow" pic today. What beautiful fabric.

Hugs.
Darilyn

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

great fabrics...love 'em!
hugs
laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home