Thursday, August 30, 2007

a visit with Alice



The hot weather has returned meaning it is hitting the 90's (F) combined with my continuing overall lack of energy means nothing quilty to talk about. Those orange border strips remain lying there. I wish they would magically get attached to the top! I washed all the donated muslin out in the garage and now I have the worse pile of wrinkled messy fabric on my ironing board. I don't want to deal with that either. Alice had family company over the last weekend so I went over last night after work to see for myself the walking dyamo....that baby is determined her crawling days are over. She walks, sits down, and gets right back up to keep on walking. We had a great visit and most of my photos were useless as she just moves so fast currently. However, I managed a few shots showing off her red beret and standing still for a brief moment. At 14 months she is growing and changing every day. That grin is infectious-you have to laugh right along with her.
I am so very lucky to have her living close by.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

A littly dynamo, looks like and showing off those teethums for Nonna.

I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to turn on the iron to steam out those wrinkles. UGH it is too danged hot. I am having to force myself to work on some binding for the same reasons.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

That red beret is adorable. She is one stunning young lady.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Holly said...

What a cutie. Don't worry about the fabric mess. Rainy days will be here soon enough. I always feel more like quilting when it's cold and I'm stuck inside because of the weather.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Finn said...

What can I say?? She is just the MOST gorgeous baby in the WORLD!! what s sweetie in that red hat...LOL
Take some time for you dearheart, and don't be hard on yourself. Hopefully cooler weather is coming. Hugs, FInn

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Gail said...

Just as long as she doesn't move too fast for you to catch her and hug & kiss all over her.That's what grandbabies are for, afterall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home