Tuesday, August 19, 2008

pillow cases


Ryan: look for the Koi quilt post to see what I just made! You can find it listed on the right side down a bit- just click on it to read. love you.
Meanwhile I thought I would share the completed pillowcases that go with the Koi quilt. I made them partly to use up the leftover koi fabric and of course to "go with" the quilt. I had collected various pillowcase patterns over the last few years. The one I used is a popular one where you take the trim edge and lay the pillow body in such a way that the trim wraps around and the seam is totally inside. The link to the blog where I printed off a wonderful drawing no longer works-it was shared by Faye P. Boyer, USU Extension County Agent Emeritus, and adapted by Ronda H. Olsen, County Extension Agent, Utah State University Extension- per the print out, from August 2007. *** drawing by sewprimitve !! (you would have to go back to Aug 2007 for the drawing) A fellow guild member just demo'd this technique at our last meeting for making pillowcases for her favorite charity cause. Anyway, I have a set cut for us-just need to cut the trim part and I am going to add in a piping strip.
Last night I just kicked back and enjoyed a glass of wine and did a few other non quilting type things. We are following the Olympics, though disappointed that the womens basketball team is not making any of the tv viewing time slots. I have managed to watch most of their games on the computer-at least that is available, as are most of the other events.
I enjoyed lunch with my favorite (and only) aunt yesterday over going to the gym-today-back on a mission to put in some time at the gym. As my arm gradually heals, I can certainly work on other parts :-) I always enjoy a short lull between large projects-a time to catch up on the other tasks that have been pushed to the back burner and now, it's their turn to be addressed. A wonderful chat on the phone last night with my son was the best ending of my day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Mama Spark said...

Neat pillow cases. Great way to use up the excess fabric from a project.

Thanks for sending that package to Faith. She sure appreciated it!!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Those pillow cases are great! Look really good. It's so perfect to have with the quilt!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

The pillowcases look great Cher - I still haven't given them a try but one of these days I will. I'm sure it's a great way to use stash!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Candace said...

http://longarmohio.com/pattern1pillowcase.html
Here's another link for instructions to make the tube pillowcases. Yours look great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home