Friday, August 29, 2008

summer inspiration


Hood River is a charming small town along the Columbia River in the Gorge of Oregon. We stopped to enjoy a picnic lunch there and across the street from the small park was this wall filled with wonderful mosaic art work. I thought immediately of quilt inspiration when I took these photos. The colors were deeper-afraid the bright sunshine was a bit more light in the photo than I expected.
Tonight my aunt is coming over to do some sewing with me. I will help her hem pants and whatever else she throws in and also share some scrappy strings and teach her string quilting.
That ought to inspire me to do some quilting.

Fresh blueberry muffins out of the oven. We are having a fun food friday happening at the office-this will be my contribution. These are made from whole wheat flour-very down home tasting -I won't mind if I have to bring any leftovers home. Oh, the blueberries are from our bushes-yum.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Candace said...

What beautiful mosaics for everyone to enjoy. Sounds like you are going to have a nice quilty day, and hopefully there will be an extra muffin or two to enjoy.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Those mosaics are lovely!

Enjoy the fresh blueberry muffins!!!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Clare said...

I love the mosaics. Very French.

Hope the muffins were good.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

Thanks for sharing the mosaics! What great inspiration :- )
Have fun sewing this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home